Schedule a Dryer Vent Cleaning in Winnipeg
There is a hidden danger spot in most homes today. Chances are you don’t look at it or even think about it. It’s the vent from your clothes dryer. Over time, it fills with lint that slips past your dryer’s filter and builds up in the hose and pipes that vent the warm air outdoors. As the flammable lint builds up it can become a fire hazard in your home that can ignite at any time.
Winnipeg Dryer Vent Cleaning Instructions
- Technician removes and cleans lint trap
- Technician takes the measurement of airflow using an air flow meter at the exterior dryer vent
- The back of the dryer is topically cleaned, as this is where lint can accumulate
- The dryer vent and flexible ducting from the wall are visually inspected using the video inspection system
- The HEPA vacuum system is connected to dryer vent duct. Dryer duct auger is run through the duct to remove any blockages
- Airflow is measured again to gauge improvement before and after cleaning.
- The camera is used again for post cleaning inspection
Yes, by having your dryer vent professionally cleaned, your clothes dryer will run more efficiently. Your dryer will not have to run as long, lessening the wear and tear on your dryer, reducing your need for repair and lengthening the life of your dryer.
Although a homeowner can clean dryer vents, it is advised that you consult a professional. Most homeowners don’t have the special equipment required to do a thorough job. A professional has special tools such as video inspection equipment to give a visual of the hard-to-reach areas of the dryer vent system. We also offer air duct cleaning services.
Using the following as a checklist, you can get a good idea if your dryer vent is in need of cleaning:
- Loads of clothing are taking longer to dry.
- Clothing is very hot and still damp when dryer finishes (especially heavy items especially, such as towels).
- The dryer itself feels hotter.
- There may be no lint on the lint screen (i.e. the exhaust system is clogged).