To repair or replace, that is the question that most likely comes to mind when your heating or cooling system stops working like it should. Although fixing the issue may be the most affordable solution now, it may not be the best choice in the long run. Looking at another HVAC or air conditioner repair bill might make you reconsider getting new equipment.
Factors to consider include:
Fifty Percent Rule
When the cost of repairs approaches 50% of the value of your heating or cooling system, its generally time to replace your system.
Other Rules of Thumb
Even if needed repair cost aren’t quite as daunting as 50%, you might want to replace your system if it’s over 12 years old, or you’ve had a history of problems with it. Also, it might be worth while to take advantage of one of several opportunities:
- Convenience – when you purchase a new system, you can avoid the hassles of unexpected repairs down the line, and you don’t have to sit around uncomfortable while waiting for the parts.
- Lower utility bills – a high efficiency home comfort system from Weather Tech can save you hundreds of dollars a year in energy costs, compared to an older system.
- Friendlier Refrigerant – Due to growing environmental concerns, the Canadian government has mandated that all HVAC manufacturers phase r-22 refrigerant based equipment out of production.
- Enhanced Comfort – Advanced Technologies that improve energy efficiency also enhance your comfort, so you can enjoy more even temperatures, better humidity control, and a constant flow of conditioned air.
- Improved Air Quality – Better humidity control means a reduced potential for mold and mildew growth. Lennox home comfort systems are also available with Healthy Climate filtration, which minimizes the impact of indoor pollutants.
Contact us for a quote on replacing your HVAC equipment, and we can help you decide which is the best solution.